Dentist Weston , FL - Smiles By Design
Looking for comfortable, confident and convenient care from dentists in Weston? You've come to the right place. From the minute you walk into our office you will notice a difference at Smiles By Design. We care about you, your family and your friends, and we're here to help you achieve your healthiest, brightest smile.
At Smiles By Design we know every person's dental needs are unique. That's why we offer a comprehensive selection of treatment options in a comfortable, convenient atmosphere. We're confident we can provide superior dental care that no other dentist in Weston can offer.
We specialize in improving smiles. You can learn more about our smile-enhancing services on our website, including:
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Teeth Whitening
- Periodontal Exams
- View a Complete List of our Dental Services
We've developed this informational website as an extension of our practice, to serve as a convenient, educational resource for our patients. With just a few clicks, you can find helpful information about our services, credentials and office policies. You can also easily access patient forms or request an appointment with our Weston dentist.
Discover a new dental experience at Smiles By Design! We look forward to caring for you and your family's dental needs.
John Michael Garcia, D.D.S. is the dentist and owner of Smiles By Design, Inc. Since opening the practice in 2000 he has been in the forefront of dental technology. From being one of the first practices in the area to run in a paperless environment, to using only digital x-rays and diagnostics. This reduces waste in paper and hazardous x-ray developing solutions while providing improved patient care by reducing radiation exposure and detecting decay and gum disease at earlier stages.
Other notable advancements include:
- "STA, The Wand" a computer controlled local anesthesia system that replaces the traditional syringe. With this system a single tooth can be anesthetized without other areas of the being mouth being affected. Imagine restoring a tooth at noon and eating lunch at 1 pm.
- "CEREC" a digital impression, design and manufacturing system that allows a crown to made in the office from start to finish in one day. This improves the fit because it eliminates steps that incur error and improves comfort by not needing the use of a temporary crown or a second visit with local anesthesia.
- "BioCiear" an advanced system for composite restorations (white fillings). Using this system and the training that goes with it, fillings in the back molars can last longer than the old silver fillings besides looking better and being better for you. Also, direct composite bonding in the front teeth can be made predictably, even in complicated situations where more invasive procedures like veneers or crowns were the only option.
- "Vizilite" using a special rinse combined with the use of a specific light and filtering glasses, this system is an effective screening method for oral cancer that increases the ability to detect lesions at an earlier state.
- "Air Abrasion" a better way to treat small cavities. This system uses small particles in powder form blown at the tooth with a small wand. There is no direct contact with the tooth, no drill noise and the size of the filling can be as small as the cavity, not the sive of the drill.
- "Intra-Oral Photography" the latest intra-oral cameras are so precise that when used at a magnification of 40x, the images rendered are comparable to using a microscope inside the mouth. Cavities can now be detected and treated at stages where anesthesia is not even needed.
- "Non-Surgical Periodontics" every day we have more and more tools with which to treat gum problems earlier and without the need for surgery. Using a combined approach of traditional removal of tartar and smoothing tooth/root surfaces with the incorporation medicinal irrigation of the treatment areas, placement of antibiotics directly where needed and specialized motorized maintenance tools, most cases can be treated successfully.
These are just a few of the advanced technologies you will be exposed to at our office. Come visit us and you will discover a dentist and dental office that is truly on the forefront of modern dentistry.